This is the homepage of a workshop on value modeling and business ontologies held 9-10 February 2009 in Stockholm.
The importance of modeling the essence of enterprises on a level that abstracts from business process details is increasingly recognized. At this International Workshop, two major approaches meet: value modeling and REA.
The REA (Resource, Event and Agent) model originating from the accounting domain is maturing to a conceptual framework and ontology for Enterprise Information Architectures in general.
Although the two approaches differ with respect to their main application areas, their ontologies have a lot in common.
The goals of this VMBO workshop are to bring together researchers with an interest in value modeling, REA systems, or the combination of the two, in order to present and discuss the current state of business modeling and to identify key areas for further research. The workshop is organized with ample time for discussions and is open to anyone with an interest in the application and formalization of the REA ontology or of value modeling.
Topics of interest include:
- Ontology-driven enterprise system development
- Ontology-based business modeling
- Conceptual modeling patterns founded on business ontologies
- Reference modeling using business ontologies
- Business ontology and Model-Driven Architecture
- Business rules modeling and policy management using business ontologies
- Business ontology as an internal control framework
- Ontology-based/semantic business process management
- Business ontology as a framework for contracts
- Ontology-aware enterprise systems
- Goal-modeling versus business modeling
- Business ontology supporting model or system interoperability
- Business ontology supporting accounting interoperability and consolidation
- Enterprise modeling for strategy exploration
- Profitability analysis of value constellations
- Value modeling fundamentals
- Value modeling applications
- Enterprise modeling for the service-oriented enterprise
Original call: cfp-vmbo09 (pdf, 0.5 MB)